Thursday, April 17, 2008

A lovely relationship.

I always enjoy having conversation with my wife. Usually our topics covers friends, family members, work, frustrations and of course kids. Just now, she talks about one incident involving a childish behaviour of her office mate whom was dissatisfied over some office seating. And throughout the conversation, I listened to her very intently, enjoying her animated gestures and her run-of-the-mill commentary. In my mind, I felt that I can live with this for a hundred more years. Seriously, I do enjoy having a chat with my wife.

I always know when we got married, she is the perfect partner for me. I have to say that even though our personality is of total opposites, we do have a lot of shared interests together (and usually, these are the kind of things that people would say they are uncharacteristic of us). We like to shop, I enjoy designing her clothes, she enjoys me designing her clothes, she enjoys talking about her friends to me and I enjoy listening to them, we like the same TV shows, I like tennis and she adores Rafael Nadal (up to a point that I can't help but thinking that they might have some secret affair behind my back). In fact, one true character that we share is that our friends find us trustworthy. The amount of people's secret that me & my wife know can turn the country into a series of 'Dynasty' episodes (for those who were born post 1980's, this is a soap filled with scandals, corruption and betrayals).

My wife is quite an introvert person. She would have a small circle of friends whom she is very close with. People will normally associate her with aloofness. However, the good thing about her is that she is good at maintaining friendship. I, on the other hand, is the 'put-everything-out-there' kind of guy. I am always at ease in meeting strangers and always able to strike any kind of conversation. It seems that I can talk about any topics in the world. But the thing is I am very poor at maintaining friendship. Other than my wife, I can't seem to thank any of my current close friends whom I know more than 5 years. It seems that I can only maintain my friendship if I marry into one, which is exactly what I did. My wife is my best friend since the university days and we remain best friends till now. I think to be able to enjoy each other's company and always have good conversation are pillars to strong and solid relationship. I am glad that I married her, otherwise, I would have lost a very very good friend. Now, you wouldn't what that to happen to you, would you?

No comments: