Sunday, April 6, 2008

Life's Priority

It's funny how's one perspective can change as you grow older. When I was in my early professional life, I used to think that turning in a good work is of utmost importance in life. There's nothing more sweeter to hear when your boss tells you what a great job you have done, or in the case of some 'hard-to-please' boss, a mere approving glance that exudes he or she is delighted with your work. On the other hand, there's nothing more devastating than getting harsh criticism for your work. I dreaded when people think I am a useless goons.

Nowadays, other people's opinion doesn't matter anymore. I have come to a place that I was so secure with my own ability that I don't need anybody to endorse whether I am a good worker or not. And I found this very assuring. In fact, I have found little things such as spending time with your children or playing some silly bubble blowing game with your kids can be so much more satisfying than say clinching some multi-million dollar deal.

I guess this is part of maturity.

No comments: