Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Count your blessing

Don't we all experience at least one day in your life that you seems to have everything in the world? Yesterday, I was lazying around on my bed watching a DVD from my laptop (yes, I am one of those people who does not have a DVD player in the house!). Then my wife joined me on the bed watching the DVD. Then, my kids join us in the room and started playing and making noises in the room. Whilst my eyes was totally glued to the small screen on my laptop (and amidst the multi-decibel noise around me), I can't help but feel I must be one of the most blessed person in the world. I have a good career, great family and sufficient material possessions that enable us to live pretty comfortably. What else could I ask for. I have to say, god has been very, very kind to me. Some people might view this as complacency, but I see that being satisfied of what you have is god's most wonderful gift to human being.

Many a times we tend to compare ourselves with others using material possessions as the yardstick. Whereas, true blessings comes in all forms. The fact that I have a good babysitter to take care of my kids, a kind 'pakcik' to send and fetch my kids to/from schools, a very understanding wife who takes care of me and my kids very well, and three wonderful boys that look up to you as if you are this superhero who has answers to everything in the world, has all contributed to me having this serene state of mind. I wonder how many of us really see the world from this point of view. The next time when you feel you are short compared to others, please remember this - count your blessing!

No comments: