Friday, April 18, 2008

Productive week

As I am typing this entry, I am grinning ear to ear. This week has been a very satisfying week for me. I got a lot of things done, actually. First, my project is coming to an end. Yesterday, the management has 'okay'ed my project which mean I can go back breathing like normal mortals do. I have also completed my overdue Performance Plan, which I have submitted this morning. I also manage to complete a report a day before due date and just now, I have just kick-start another projects. As I strut back towards my office, I can feel my ego inflating with each step that I take.

Throughout my entire professional life, I have always been in a work environment that push me to be super-productive. Many a times, I will be assigned simultaneous projects with simultaneous deadlines as well. Because of my ability to do so, I do have this conceited view of myself being a superhero (sorry superchica, I am the first self-proclaimed corporate superhero before you!). I guess, this may have a lot to do with my upbringing. You see, my mom is a single-handed domestic manager (because my father was a soldier and always away from home). I would say, she was amongst the pioneer of 'modern' women, a new breed of female who have to juggle between career and household needs. I remember it well that all of us were taught to multitask and she could get very impatient if you are 'tembel' (and she can get quite violent too if her demand is not met - I could still recall an incident where she threw a cooking knife to one of my sisters for not bring the kitchen utensils on time!). With all this conditioning, you can't blame me for my low tolerance towards inefficiency and low productivity.

On to another topic, I just got a news that an ex-schoolmate have just got his 5th child. Now that's the level of productivity that I can do without!

No comments: