Monday, April 21, 2008

Boy's night out

Last Friday night, I went out with Koosh and Ozor to watch a local horror show. I can't recall going out with us just boys without our extended family members for more than 10 years. Actually it started when Ozor wants to see the film but can't go with his wife because she's pregnant. As for me, I haven't been to a horror show for quite some time. Since, I thought this would be a good opportunity for some time alone, I agree with to tag along. But deep down, I thought it was quite weird being a married guy going out with friends on Friday night. I feel it was too 'hip' for a mature guy like me.

Indeed it was a fun night! First, I got to see how a 'scaredy-cat' Koosh was when it comes to watching horror movie. Throughout, the show Koosh was uttering some expletives whenever he was afraid or feeling something was lurking. I too have my moment of cowardliness but seeing another friend who is more scared than you somehow boost you 'macho'ness a bit.

After the show, we went for a drink and continued chit-chatting and caught up with the latest gossip (yes, we boys do gossip you know!). Somehow, during our conversation, we manage to point out each other's peculiarity. I started it when I pointed out Koosh's obsession with his boss. It seems that every time we strike a conversation, he always mention about his boss. They also pointed out that I tend to talk too much about work. At one point, Koosh even accused me of being workaholic! In then end, we make a pact to stay away from talking the things that we seem to be 'obsessed' with. We also talked about how we wish to live the lives of one another, only to realise that each one has its own shortcomings.

When I went back home, I saw my wife sound asleep and it got me thinking, no matter how much fun I had out there, nothing can beat the fun I had with my family. It takes me just one night to realise that what I had was real.

No comments: