Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Disgusted!

Frankly, I don't know what's up with Malaysia nowadays. ever since Tun Mahathir stepped down from the highest post, everything began to crumble. From escalating prices, to shaky racial unity, corrupted politicians and the ever-so-dramatic so called leader of the opposition of Anwar Ibrahim (AI).

Talk about Mr AI, I used to have such a huge respect for this guy. He portrayed this image of a new, young and dynamic Muslim that has all it takes to bring the nation to a greater height. Then, came the Sep 1998 episode where he was sacked from the top post, apparently for f***ing someone's a***. I wasn't a total believer of the whole incidence because deep in my heart, I truly believed that he was set-up and thought that all of these are part of the political games that Mahathir put in order to oust his then ever-increasingly-popular deputy. (I have to say, I wasn't a great fan of Mahathir either but I have a lot of respect for the guy for what he has done for Malaysia).

During the recent election, I thought the results served the ruling party right because it really echoed the voice of the people for the blatant display of corruption of some of the top officials. I was emphatic of AI and wish him all the best in his political come back.

However, he lost his support from me with his series of action after the big win. There were many dubious statements and actions by him which I felt was in total contradiction of what he was before and what he was really fighting for. It was so blatant that I begin to doubt his political agenda - is he really fighting for his people rights or is he the guy who will do anything just to be Malaysia's PM? I am beginning to see that things will be heading towards major screw-ups if he is in power.

The funny thing is indeed he was. But then again, I didn't expect that instead of screwing up the government, he screw somebody's a*** up first. I thought the whole episode was very funny. Maybe he was just practising :) . But true to what the opposition has been doing lately, things become such a big drama. First, there was the political asylum thing, then there were allegations bantering where the suing and counter-suing ensues.

Don't these people realise that there are actually other REAL issues that need to be addressed. What about the rising cost of living and addressing people's woes? Don't you guys get it, creating one drama after another is NOT solving our problems! I am truly ashamed of the so-called leaders we have in Malaysia. Maybe they all deserve the screwing by one another.

In the meantime, I am surfing the net to find a country that I can seek 'economic' asylum. From I am seeing, looks like Timbuktu should be a good place to migrate.

And for the record, I still don't believe that AI did all those things he was alleged for. But somehow, I was not as emphatic as before. Maybe, he deserved it.

Wallahu'alam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you. Malaysian politics have begun to look like the plot of a very tacky tamil drama. If we documented the last few years, months, weeks, days into a book, it would seem so unbelievable that unlikely any publisher would want to print it!

Things look bleak to me. All these manouvering is just dragging us the people into circles. Am just taking things one day at a time, but with each passing day, I wonder whether I'll ever be able to say that things did indeed get better for our country and for us the little people. Yes, this superhero is also a citizen! hehe

PS: Nice to have met up w u the other day.. cuma I wish I wasn't the super-supir.. and we could have caught up n chitchat..

Luke said...

Yeah, what's up with the world now. Anyway, I was hoping for a catch-up session with you as well. Bile nak datang MAS - so that we can go for lunch-cum-gossip session.