Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wimbledon

Venus Won! I am such a huge fan of the girl. I think when she is at her best, she is almost indestructible. Frankly, even though people said that Serena is the better player, my preference will always be with Venus. She has this mature disposition and hardly display any signs of anguish during her match, even though she is one point from losing. So, kudos to the big sister and to the little sister, grow up! Did you read her comments during the press conference. What a sore loser.

Tonight will be the men's final. I do have tough time in deciding who I will support. My heart goes to Federer for the superb payer he is, but at the same time, I also want Nadal to win merely because for his on and off-court persona. I think both of them really displays what professional tennis is all about. You can be the very fierce competitors on court, but off-court, you can remain friends and polite to each other. I particularly like the way Nadal commented about his thrashing of Federer during the recent French Open final. Despite showing a far superior game, he was very respectful of his opponents and remain polite and respectful with his comments. Even though I know Nadal is very, very competitive on court, he some how manage to charm his way with his polite and respectful demeanor towards his opponents. I guess that's why my wife is a die-hard fan of Nadal.

Only if our leaders can learn a thing or two from these guys.....

No comments: