Thursday, July 31, 2008

Commitment

After working for more than 10 years, I have been told by a colleague that I have actually contracted with a kind of 'professional' disease. I was informed that I have issues with commitment. The thing is, my issues is not about my unwillingness to commit, but it was to the other extreme. Apparently, I am overcommitted. Because of this, many perceived my enthusiasm and overcommitment as aggression, harshness, disrespectfulness and some even claim as sheer arrogance.

The think is, I don't think I am like that at all. I have to say I do have a very high energy level (of which, I don't think my wife would agree given how much contribution I had when it comes to house chores), but I am truly concern about delivering what people expect you to it. I have this inexplicable tendencies to please people with my work. I mean, when people expect certain deliverables out of me, I put my utmost passion into the tasks that I sometimes tend to be aggressive if things does go my way.

Maybe it's about time to tone down. I am getting older......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...looks to me that you are showing symptoms of acute Superhero Syndrome.

Untreated, you could turn out like me.

Time to tone down, bro!

Luke said...

Maybe I am not as acute as you lah. At least I don't gaduh besar with my boss :P heh heh.

Luke said...

Maybe I am not as acute as you lah. At least I don't gaduh besar with my boss :P heh heh.

Anonymous said...

belum lagi, bro... hehehehhe