Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Perfect 10

Yesterday, I managed to get my butt off and drive all the way to Raub, to attend my wife's cousin wedding. Usually I hate driving long distance (I know, I know Raub is only 2 hours away but to me, anything that requires more than 1 hour driving is a torture!), but because of this is a close cousin of my wife, I feel obliged to accompany her.

When I look at the groom, I began to reminisce the first time I saw him. It was during my wedding about 10 years ago. I can't believe time have passed so fast. I felt like I was just married 2 days ago. I guess when you enjoy each other's company, time surely swift pass you faster than Lewis Hamilton in his McLaren's.

This year, I am celebrating my 10th anniversary. I feel blessed for having such a wonderful and blessed marriage and for having three wonderful boys who continuously make me feel life is worth living. I always look forward to see how my children grow and how much my relationship with my wife has gone from strength to strength. Sure we have our share of ups and downs, but as far as I can remember, there are more fond memories. Even in the period of adversity, our relationship came out stronger than ever.

I really believe that the key to happiness is about accepting who your spouse is and your spouse accepting you as who you are. I am glad that I married my wife even though before the wedding I have my doubts considering how different both of us were. I guess, the risk is worth taking. I would have never known what happiness is all about had I decided not to pursue her. I am one hell of a lucky bloke!

No comments: