Monday, May 5, 2008

Boys will be boys

Ever since I was small I always wanted a Foosball table, the one that was featured in Chandler's and Joey's apartment in Friends sitcom. However, I always hesitated to get one thinking that I will have no one in the house to play it with. The opportunity presented when Nique, my second son pleading me to buy one when we went out shopping at Subang Parade yesterday. Looking at how eager he was justifying his request, my heart melted and decided to buy the Foosball for him.

When I got back to my house, I started to assemble the thing and I felt I have achieve a great accomplishment when I managed to assemble the whole thing by myself (actually, I don't mind boasting about this as I am not known for my carpentry skills!).

I played with my sons and wife and I have to say we had a great deal of fun. In fact, I think I was the more exciting one. Even Ash, my youngest son is quite apt in the game. Luke, my eldest is playing like a pro. He put me into shame when he repeatedly beat me in 3 successive games. At one point, I have to resort to cheating just to win a goal from him (shame on me!).



Luke & Nique participating in MotoGP

The game brought out the boy in me and for a moment, I don't see myself as a father but more like a playmate to my kids. I reverted to my fatherhood mode when Nique and Luke began quarrelling and fighting over the game! It was then I realise that there is an expiry period for adults to enjoy a moment boyhood.

No comments: