Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Its just too much!!

I am close to reaching my breaking point today. Early this morning, I started my day with wild ramblings and scolding to my staff, followed by exchange of nasty emails and heated tele-conversation with people in my department. I just can't stand it when people are taking their own sweet time to do their jobs, and on top of that conveniently pass the buck to others. I guess my temperamental showdown this morning works as I began to see things are moving again.

Then, the pressure of handling voluminous (and sometimes ridiculous) requests from other departments again makes me losing my cool. Sometimes I wonder where does all these thick people comes from? Can't they understanding simple instructions? We are in the midst of cost control mode and yet they still have the cheek to ask for extravagance. I could swear that for a brief moment, I was close to utter a couple of 'f***-off's to them.

I am truly under a tremendous pressure lately. My deadlines are way overdue, my team seems to be moving at a snail pace, other people doesn't seems to be cooperative, there are issues accumulating as several of my projects progress, whilst at personally level, I still have these chores to do for m family and my relative. I don't think I can handle this anymore. I am NOT a superhero!!

And to top it all, I just found out that my name was due for international postings and it was stopped because my boss does not want to release me. Apparently, I have yet to complete my projects. Please tell me when can I finish my projects if new things keep coming to my table and I have to keep on rescuing other projects that cannot be handle by some incompetent fools that we employ at higher positions!

Screw all of them!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POSTING?? WOW!!!! Curses to SGM!! Curses!!! Where, ah?

Luke said...

I don't know. Tapi yang geramnya he had the cheek to tell that he just promoted me to AGM and therefore kena serve for another three years. I told him, if I give back the AGM, would he give me the international postings? Afterall, I am sure a lot of people want to be AGM in the company, kan? Of course he was silent and give me a cynical grin.