Thursday, June 19, 2008

Headless Chicken, that's me!

Ever since I got back from my family vacation, I have been running around like headless chicken. Suddenly, there are so many things to be done in such a short time. To make things worst, I am currently involved in two concurrently high profile, tight-deadline projects involving highly sensitive areas. In fact, I just came back from a week long outstation stint, which eventually left me truly exhausted yesterday.

Today, as I entered into my office, a string of people is queueing to see me. In a way, I felt like the most sought after person in the company, but in many ways, I felt I am being exploited by my company to deliver what others cannot deliver.

I think I better start pondering my 'martyr'-like approach in my work because, I am feeling a lot of people in taking credit of my work. Not that I mind it that much, but when it was done blatantly in front of your face, you can't help but get annoyed for such display of arrogance.

Yesterday, I got a good man-to-man session with my nephew, Ifus, on the virtues of corporate life and the thing that you need to do to progress in your career. Now, I think I need to reevaluate the advice given....

2 comments:

ChicaWitDaIronBra said...

Martyrdom in a corporation? Sweetie, you're deluded. There are tons who take credit for your blood,sweat and tears.. it sucks cuz they get all the recognition and reward.

That's why when that happens, one can only pray that you get due recognition for your efforts and sincerity in a better way - a better position in due course.. or better yet, watching those jokers try to defend something they have no idea on.. only problem with that is these jokers also hv no qualms throwing problems to your face as they did taking credit away from you.

I guess that leaves us to return to reciting this mantra "What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger." or.."you watch, bitch.. karma's SO gonna bite you in the ass. Ameen."

Luke said...

You are sooo right superchica. I think I better wise up to their antics before it's too late!